- Some-days-delay in the Ne[XXX]t Epilog release -
Due to some logistical stuff, The Ne[XXX]t Epilog official-world-release by Muséa Records is a bit delayed. It should be out during next week.
Thank you for your patience.
- Sebkha-Chott Kourt’s Brutal Assault reviewed -
Sebkha-Chott Kourt’s awesome show at Brutal Assault 2012 is being reviewed over and over: "The third day I’d say there were two highlights of this day : Napalm Death and Sebkha-Chott.", "sicher ist, dass SEBKHA-CHOTT das Publikum damit fesseln wie nur wenige andere Bands", "mon meilleur souvenir du Brutal Assault" 
2012-09-22 - Ne[XXX]t Epilog Release - Muséa Records / AMMD / Dogmazic
The Ne[XXX]t Epilog will be released on 22nd of September on Muséa Records / AMMD / Dogmazic to celebrate the definitive victory of Marcel Marceau at the King of Silence game. This also will be the date of the publication net version on Sebkha-Chott’s Spider Jessica (link coming soon).
The preorders release is scheduled for 8th of July, see here
- NeXXXt Epilog reviewed - in French magazine Longueur d’Ondes
The Ne[XXX]t Epilog preprod version has been reviewed in the french magazine Longueur d’Ondes. See the complete review and its translation here.
October/November 2012 - Ne[XXX]t Romantik Tour - France/Europe
- Period: from 18th of October to 15th of November from 12th of December to 16th of December
- Context: Sebkha-Chott - Ne[XXX]t Epilog released worldwidely on 22nd of September by Muséa Records/AMMD/Dogmazic
- Technical abstract: Zu-ish and Full Modes, 3 musicians + 1 tech on the road in 1 van // all vegans.
- 2012-10-18 : L’Inventaire - Le Mans (FR-72) w/ Le Silo (Japan)
- 2012-10-27 : La Bascule / Interzones - Rennes (FR-35) w/ Irene (France)
- 2012-12-12 : Hurricane - Tours (FR-37)
- 2012-12-14 : Celtic Pub is Not a Pub (FR-65) - Tarbes w/ Koun Koun (France)
- 2012-12-16 : Le Croulag - Peyrelevade (FR-19)
Early 2012 - Ne[XXX]t Tour Prelude - France - Europe
- 2012-03-01 - T’es Rock Coco - Angers [FR-49]*
- 2012-03-02 - Aux Anges - Guern [FR-56]*
- 2012-03-03 - L’Odyssée - Saint Renan [FR-29]*
- 2012-03-31 - Le Carrosse [ANNULÉ] - Paris XXe [FR-75]
- 2012-04-07 - L’Alambik - Le Mans [FR-72]*
- 2012-04-13 - Amanita Muscaria - Toulouse [FR-34]
- 2012-04-14 - Raymond’s Bar - Clermont Ferrand [FR-63]
- 2012-05-03 - La Compilothèque [REPORTÉ] - Bruxelles [BE]
- 2012-05-04 - P60 [REPORTÉ] - Amstelveen [NL]
- 2012-05-10 - Black Hawk - Tours [FR-37]*
- 2012-05-11 - Underground Space - Tours [FR-37]
- 2012-05-12 - Black Sheep - Montpellier [FR-34]
- 2012-05-19 - Festival Chamelier GNU - Le Mans [FR-72]
- 2012-05-31 - Festival Tant Libre - Lyon [FR-69]
- 2012-06-01 - Cirque NR Zique - Pommier de Beaurepaire [FR-69]
- 2012-06-04 - Espace autogéré - Lausanne [CH]
- 2012-06-15 - Espace B - Paris [FR-75]
- 2012-06-23 - Festival Intergalactique - Mettray [FR-37]
* + Syndrôme du Pouick & Great Bazar
- Audio Sample: Phial Shapes [flac (lossless)] [ogg] [online] [youtube]
- Videos (Live)
*Full Mode stands for the full show, with lights synchronisation, videoprojection, machines...
** Zu-ish Mode stands for the most basic and rude line-up: drums, bass, saxophone, grötterie, vocals, no machine, no lights. This mode is close to Primus or Zu in the sound it produces.
[...]Une patate réjouissante !
[...]une puissance brute qu’on attendait pas là , des plans free jazz rock core à la Zu .[...]
C’etait un concert unique [...] et le public a ete totalement séduit .
Et puis , quelle presence scenique , mes aieux
Ils sont totalement malades , costumés , le batteur habillé en nana SM en cuir rouge avec un voile à la Sheraazade se faisant fouetter à mi concert avec un poulet en plastique.
Un univers loufoque totalement assumé , avec quelques pointes d’humour noir tres rafraichissant , style " On est venu vous faire peur , on a pas besoin d’une école et d’un scooter "
Grand moment ...
Riders & Tech infos
2012 - Riders & Tech infos - Full & Zu-ish Mode
Zu-ish Live Mode:
- Debian GNU/Linux
- Tango Studio
Low-latency audio system and drivers
- Jack 2
- seq24 (custom version, sources and MIDI files to come soon)
- mididings (custom version, sources to come soon)
- Ghislame (self-developped software, sources to come soon)
- puredata (patches to some soon)
- pedalBoard and pedalBoardrawhid (self-developped software, sources to come soon)
Synths & Rhythmbox
- Alsa Modular Synth
- Alsa Modular Synth
- Ardour 2
- Q Light Controller
Early 2012 - Official Media Selection -
2012 - Elements - Description
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” - Frank Zappa
This quotation clearly draws Sebkha-Chott’s way of thinking art and creation.
Driving their way with a definitely new and out-of-norms music, which will let you behind as soon as you might try to categorize it, members of Sebkha-Chott are exploring new pathes, one after the other, deeply diving into the concept of total(iratistic) art.
If Zappa is quoted as the major influence, Sebkha-Chott’s roots might also be found close to 70’s prog rock and Zeuhl music of Magma, next to west coast hip hop and swedish metal, or obviously in the freedom of free jazz:
Postpone your suicide, the final gig between Frank Zappa, Dimebag Darrell, Sun Ra and MC A will happen on living side!!
On stage as on CD or on internet, Sebkha-Chott comes with a whole decorum and gala’s clothes, in the shape of Ohreland Kourt, a dictatorship straightened by Wladimir Ohrelianov II the Tyrant. He talks directly to you and finger-points you, he congratulate you -once, not twice-, he tests yourself, he shouts at you, he turns you upside down, making you feel between hilarity, fear, delight, so much feelings which crashed one with the others and give bearth to an oppressing and bizarre atmosphere, made of dark humor and Pornoïac visions.
For a subversive dictatorship? Don’t vote, just go and see Ohreland!